Ladies Logic

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Fear And Loathing In DC

A dedicated reader of True North forwarded an email to me that he had gotten from his Senator the other day. He had sent a letter to Senator Amy Klobuchar at her contact email address and this is what he got back.

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail me. However, this email account is not active. I welcome your thoughts and comments, and ask you to visit my website at http://www.klobuchar.senate.gov, and send your message via “Contact Amy” in order to ensure I receive it.

You may also use my website to learn more about my work in Washington and Minnesota. It is frequently updated with current events in the U.S. Senate.

Additionally, many constituents ask about tracking the progress of legislation. In addition to checking my website, another resource I recommend is the Library of Congress legislative information website, http://thomas.loc.gov. I hope you find this information helpful.

-Amy

It is an address that he had used before to contact his Senator and now all of a sudden it is no longer active. Now if I were a suspicious person, I would wonder what it is that Senator Amy is afraid of hearing from constituents who do not share her ideology - like the DFL lead Minnesota legislative leadership has been. Are the ideas and ideals of the Democratic Party so fragile that they can not handle dissent?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • "Are the ideas and ideals of the Democratic Party so fragile that they can not handle dissent? "

    Rhetorical question, right? Or just an outright attempt at humor? Hmmm... Probably the latter, since "ideas and ideals" does not describe any known aspect of Democrat Party behavior.

    J. Ewing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

  • This is something to make an issue of? Have you ever changed your email address? Lots of people have. Often, messages to the old address simply bounce. In this case, Amy provided both an invitation and an appropriate option for contacting her. I'd hardly call this being "afraid of hearing from constituents" whether they agree or disagree with her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home